- Aboriginal Teacher Assistant / Teacher Assistant
Aboriginal Teacher Assistant / Teacher Assistant
Vacancies – Aboriginal Teacher Assistant / Teacher Assistant
We are seeking a dynamic and committed team member to join our Teacher Assistant team. This role is for a temporary, full-time / part-time position based on enrolment and funding. Main duties include working directly with students who need additional assistance or challenge in meeting their education goals. Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. Applicants must be fully supportive of the objectives and ethos of Catholic education.
Applications for suitably qualified persons are invited to address the following.
Aboriginal Teacher Assistant – Selection Criteria
- Supporting Aboriginal students in their learning and wellbeing.
- Play a leading role in connecting teachers, students, parents, families, caregivers and local Aboriginal communities. Liaising with Aboriginal families and communities is an essential component of an ATA’s role.
- Work in partnership with fellow team members and classroom teachers and be prepared to be fully involved in the College’s activities.
- Demonstrate initiative and exercise discretion, confidentiality and maintain a professional.
Qualifications required for all positions:
- Appropriate experience and/or
- Teacher Assistant qualification from recognised educational institution (Certificate III or IV Teacher Assistant)
- Current Nationally Co-ordinated Criminal History Check
- National Police History Check through Department of Education
Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae, including the names and contact numbers of three referees, along with a covering letter.
Catholic Education Western Australia encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, people of all ages and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. To be eligible to apply for these roles, you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
Closing date: Wednesday 10 February, 2021.
Applications should be addressed to:
Mrs Alanna Otway
St Luke’s College
PO Box 971
Karratha WA 6714