- Assistant Deputy Principal -Year 7 Co-ordinator– commencing 1/1/2023
- Classroom Teachers – 2023 – multiple subject areas
Assistant Deputy Principal -Year 7 Co-ordinator– commencing 1/1/2023
St Luke’s College is seeking an outstanding pastoral leader to join our team in 2023. The position of Year 7 Co-Ordinator is a critical role in our vertical pastoral care structure and works collaboratively with the House Co-Ordinators, School Counsellor and Deputy Principal of Pastoral Care. Our Year 7 Co-Ordinator is the lead teacher responsible for pastoral care and successful transition of all Year 7 students into the secondary school environment. The person in this key role is also responsible for the organisation of all Year 7 events and the implementation of a successful transition program which supports each individual student as needed. In the role of Assistant Deputy Principal, you will coordinate whole of College events and work collaboratively with the senior leadership team.
This position, at the only Catholic secondary school in the Pilbara, presents an excellent opportunity for a committed educator to work in a school with strong collegial and student relationships, along with a supportive working environment. Our College has a proactive positive behaviours focus and believes that the basis of all learning lies with safe and supportive structures for all community members.
Karratha is an excellent city in which to live, with abundant options for an active and outdoor lifestyle. Subsidised housing is available, along with relocation, through the teacher housing and remote area schemes. Our staff are fantastic to work with and the Pilbara is an amazing place to live.
Current curriculum vitae, Application for Employment form (available on College website), cover letter and referee details should be forwarded to the Principal, along with teaching areas.
- Clear evidence of strong classroom practice and ability to build excellent student-teacher relationships.
- Strong command of digital platforms, including Office 365 and SEQTA.
- Excellent communication skills, enabling positive communication with parents, staff and students.
- A deep desire to support students as they embark on their high school journey anda commitment to the concept that all students can succeed with support.
- Commitment to the holistic education of students, including extra-curricular activities.
- Strong evidence of organisation of events and a positive vision of what excellent transition to high school is.
- Exhibit comprehensive knowledge and understanding of effective contemporary practices in the area of pastoral care and wellbeing and understand how they relate to the unique context of St Luke’s College.
- Current WWC
- TRBWA registration (or ability to obtain)
- Minimum 4 year tertiary qualification in Education
Applications to The Principal via email email@example.com.
Applications close 11 November 2022
Classroom Teachers – 2023 – multiple subject areas
St Luke’s College Karratha is seeking excellent classroom teachers to work in the Pilbara’s only Catholic secondary school. If you are a dynamic, energetic team member with the ability to teach from Years 7-12, St Luke’s would like to hear from you.
We are a growing school located in the dynamic Pilbara city of Karratha, blessed with collegial staff, supportive families and strong student relationships. The lifestyle of the region is enviable, with access to beautiful ocean or inland adventures at your doorstep.
We are seeking teachers who are able to teach ANY of the below subject combinations or single subjects:
– Design & Technology
Our flexible timetable means that the right applicants can be accommodated in areas across our College.
Relocation is included and housing is provided through the Teacher Housing Scheme. There are also generous remote area allowances for teaching staff.
Come and teach in a truly enjoyable school to work in, commencing T1 2023, guaranteed you won’t ever want to leave.
- Enthusiastic and dedicated teacher, willing to work collaboratively with other staff in a supportive school environment.
- Knowledge of current curriculum requirements, ability to teach Years 11 and 12 classes and a willingness to support all learners in our school, including through the provision of extra-curricular programs.
- Working With Children
- TRBWA registration
- 4 year Education tertiary qualification
- Accreditation to Teach
Applications, including cover letter, CV and College Application form (available on our website) should be sent direct to the Principal, Mrs Alanna Otway via firstname.lastname@example.org.