Vocational Education and Training (VET) programs provide our students the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification along with workplace experience whilst at St Luke’s College. Our College provides a variety of Certificate II and III qualifications which are closely linked with our local Industry. This allows Industry to support the skills and knowledge required relating to the qualification for further job roles.
The relationship between Certificate qualifications and Industry is a valuable opportunity for students, engaging them in work related learning that often leads to traineeships, apprenticeships, further studies or employment. Certificate II and III qualifications contribute towards a student’s WACE.
Pre-apprenticeship Certificate courses will be available to our students from 2020. These Certificate II programs have been nominated by Industry Training Councils as valid pathways from school to related apprenticeships in Industry. Our College is fortunate to have a renowned relationship with our local Industry. Students enrolled in a pre-apprenticeship certificate qualification are required to link to an employer for their work placement.
Some Certificate II and III courses available are connected to a School-Based Traineeship (SBT). SBTs provide our students with valuable employment skills and hands-on industry experience while completing a nationally recognised qualification. SBT students are obligated to sign a formal contract with the employer, committing to paid employment and study arrangements. Students entering this pathway are required to work one day a week. Some SBT qualifications require students to attend an additional day a week at TAFE. Some qualifications are online self-paced qualifications through other recognised RTOs where students are supported at their work placement and at school.
At St Luke’s College we take pride in the all-round achievement of our students and focus our attention on each student’s individual needs. Our VET / Careers Coordinator, Carol Potter, assists students with their qualification selection, contact with industry and ongoing assistance throughout the qualification. There are no pre-entry requirements for Certificate II and III courses, however, we do require students to select their courses wisely and choose something they will enjoy. More information about the qualifications can be found in our course guide or through the www.training.gov.au website or through Mrs. Potter.
The Certificate II and III qualifications listed below are available through VET delivery, some of the courses listed are available as an SBT option. We advise students and parents discuss their options with Mrs. Potter:
- Certificate II in Electrotechnology (pre-apprenticeship)
- Certificate II in Electronic Assembly
- Certificate II in Logistics
- Certificate II in Warehousing
- Certificate II in Tourism
- Certificate III in Tourism
- Certificate II in Salon Assistant
- Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics
- Certificate II in Engineering Pathways
- Certificate II in Engineering Pathways: Heavy Fabrication (pre-apprenticeship)
- Certificate II in Engineering Pathways: mechanical Fitter and Machinist (pre-apprenticeship)
- Certificate II in Information, Digital Media & Technology
- Certificate II in Visual Arts
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- Certificate II in Community Services
- Certificate II in Business
- Certificate III in Business
- Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology
- Certificate II in Conservation and Land Management
- Certificate II in Horticulture
- Certificate II in Hospitality
- Certificate III in Hospitality
- Certificate II in Retail
- Certificate III in Retail
- Certificate II in Animal Studies
- Certificate III in Animal Studies
- Certificate III in Education Support
- Certificate III in Early Child Care Support
- Certificate II in Sports & Recreation
- Certificate III in Sports & Recreation
- Certificate II in Holiday Parks & Resorts
- Certificate III in Holiday Parks & Resorts
St Luke’s College is proud to have the support of over 40 local businesses assisting our students with work placements and traineeships.