On the 13th February 2021 the senior students attended their school ball. The theme this year was “A Starry Night”. They entered the ballroom through a black tunnel filled with gold fairy lights and personalised silver stars with each of their names on. The main ballroom was lit up with twinkling fairy lights from floor to ceiling creating the perfect “Starry Night” atmosphere.
A fun night had by all students as they danced to the beats of DJ Karl. The food prepared by Jang Peck was amazing and provided them with energy for more dancing. For dessert, delicious cupcakes with a “starry night” theme were served, made by Paola from In-Kupcakes.
The beautiful sashes provided by Jaimee Harris were awarded to the following students.
King Sam Fleury
Queen Carys Butler
Prince Dechlan Haronga
Princess Charli Salmon
Best couple Carys Butler and Blake White
Best dancer (male) Abhi Mehta
Best dance (female) Bella Ugiagbe
A huge thank you to everyone who helped to make the evening wonderful, especially:
- Our amazing ball committee, including the entire Butler family, who put in many hours planning, building a giant moon and stars on their holidays and helping to set up.
- DJ Karl for creating an atmosphere that kept the dance floor full all night.
- Jang Peck for feeding us beautiful tapas platters.
- Viv Adams for being our wonderful photographer and capturing all the memories.
- Jaimee Harris for making the beautiful sashes.
- Mr Subramoney and Mr Gaylard for helping with the construction of our giant moon and stars.
- Mr Dale for the countless hours he spent helping to organise the ball.
- The year 10 student helpers who gave up their Saturday night to serve food and drinks.
- As well as all the staff, parents and students who worked tirelessly to set up the ballroom on Friday night and pack down the room on Saturday night.
The combined efforts of all involved made the night one to remember.
Miss Sarah Clairs and Miss Sharni Rowe.